Thursday, March 24, 2011

That place where our ancestors suffered...

We also went camping to Whitney Pockets! In the dead of summer it's not a nice place to be, but in early spring it's beautiful. There are these cool rock formations that jut out from the ground and we usually camp right near one. Sometimes while we're out there we visit Devil's Throat (big sink-hole), and some petroglyphs. This time I hiked up a hill with Jesse and watched my dad and brother hold a flag retiring ceremony and sat around the fire and roasted everything imaginable. Chris and Shawn and their kids were able to make it and it was awesome seeing them. I wish Ben & Tasha could have come too! It was Ailee's first camping trip, and she slept all through the night. I wish she'd do that at home! She was all snugly when she woke up.

camping

1 comment:

Larzipan said...

I love camping with babies :) (when they sleep through the night!)